Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Blog Post 4

       In this last and final section of The Joy Luck Club, I really learned the importance of family. The way An-Mei Hsu talks about her relationship with her daughter shows how strong the bond between mother and daughter is. "And even though I taught my daughter the opposite, still she came the same way! Maybe it is because she was born to me and she was born a girl. And I was born to my mother and I was born a girl. All of us are like stairs, one step after another, going up and going down, but all going the same way," (241). There is no other relationship like the one of a mother and a daughter. Just like An-Mei Hsu's daughter, many can't help but become just like their mothers, because their influence is that strong and the relationship is perhaps one of the most important. Also, An-Mei Hsu left everything she knew to be with her own mother. She left behind all her other family members, even her brother so that she would not have to live without her mother. She went against the advice of everyone around her in order to do this. A mother is the one that endures the most and yet is always there to care for her child when they need her. There is no other person on Earth that can compare to a mother. I can't even imagine being a girl having to grow up without my mom, so I can completely understand An-Mei Hsu's decision to go with her mother, even though it would be a hard decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment