Friday, June 7, 2013

Joy Luck Club Post #2

After reading the next section of the Joy Luck Club, it mainly follows the story of fighting against her mother and her cultural beliefs. These mainly regard her marrying an American man while her sisters married Chinese men. This is a very interesting plot and theme for the story and I am very fascinated by it. Taking this into my own life, it reminds me of how my mother is from the south and married my father who is from the north. However, I am particularly disenchanted with the book due to its confusing characters and while trying to read other books at the same time and can not fully enjoy the book unfortunately. I enjoy the ideas the book has to offer and the scenes and flashbacks are great such as the "chess scene" but I do not thoroughly enjoy this book right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment